International Conference on Islamic Business and Finance
International Conference on Islamic Business and Finance ICIB-2011 will be held on 8th & 9th February 2011 at National Institute of Banking and Finance (NIBAF) Islamabad.
This international conference is organized by Riphah International University. In the conference world renowned Islamic scholars of business, banking and finance would address at the occasion. Dr. Abbas Mirakhor, Dr. Hussain Hamid Hassan, Dr. Monzer Kahf, Dr. Muhammad Akram Laldin are some famous Islamic banking and finance scholars who would read their research papers.
Keynote Speakers of Islamic Business and Finance Conference
• Dr. Abbas Mirakhor (International Center for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF), Malaysia)
• Dr. Hussain Hamid Hassan, Shariah Advisor, DIB, member of OIC Fiqh Council and many other Shariah Committees.
• Dr. Akram Laldin (The International Shariah Research Academy (ISRA), Malaysia)
• Dr. Monzer Kahf (IDB Laureate, Former Director, Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), Saudi Arabia)
• Dr Salah Sultan, Shariah Advisor, Bahrain
• Dr. Munawar Iqbal (Former Chief, Islamic Research and Training Institute, Saudi Arabia)
• Dr. Zubair Hasan (Professor at INCEIF, Malaysia)
• Dr. Salman Sayed Ali (Senior Economist, Islamic Research and Training Institute, Saudi Arabia)
• Dr. Muhammad Tahir Mansuri (International Islamic University Islamabad, Pakistan)
• Dr. Tariqullah Khan (Professor, QFIS, Qatar Foundation; Former Division Chief, IRTI)
• Mr. Omar Mustafa Ansari (Ernst & Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder, Karachi)
• Dr. Zeeshan Ahmed (Lahore University of Management Sciences)
• Mufti Hassan Kaleem (Shariah Advisor, Lloyds)
• Mr. Rustam Idrees (Bank Negara Malaysia)
• Mr. Riaz Riazuddin (State Bank of Pakistan)
• Mr. Saleemullah (State Bank of Pakistan)
• Mr. Sheikh Hashim Ahmed ( CEO, Al-Khair Creative Quality Ware, Karachi)
• Prof. Doctor Khawaja Amjad Saeed (Halley College, Lahore).
The following list of research papers that would be read at the occasion.
1. Islamic Finance provides solution for the Current Financial Crisis
2. Islamic Financial Architecture: Development and Challenges
3. Development of Structured Islamic Finance Products: Likelihood of Convergence with Conventional Finance
4. The basis and procedures of Money and Credit creation in the Framework of Islamic Finance
5. Current Islamic Banking Paradigm: Is it Sustainable?
6. Legal & Sharia Compliance Issues in Sukuk
7. Challenges of Transforming Riba Based Debt to Shariah Compliant Instruments in Pakistan
8. Accounting in Islamic Finance: Need or Formality
9. Potential of Waqf for Socio-economic Development and Poverty Alleviation
10. Possible Role of IFIs in Micro sector and SMEs’ Financing
11. Achieving Socio Economic Objectives in Islamic Banking Frameworks
12. Micro credit using Equity Financing: an Alternate Approach to Micro Financing in an Interest Free Economy
13. Shariah Governance Framework for IFIs – Raising Shariah Competency to the a Next Level
14. Use of Heyal in Contemporary Islamic Finance and its Shariah Position
15. Restructuring Islamic Finance Facilities
16. Regulatory and Supervisory Framework of Islamic Banking In Pakistan: Current Status and issues
17. Legal and Shariah Compliance issues of Sukuk Issued in various Jurisdictions
18. Use of W’ad and Tawarruq for Swaps in the framework of Islamic Finance
19. Sharing Islamic Banking Experiences
20. How Islamic Banks are facilitating Housing Sector in Pakistan
21. NPL: Loopholes in the Procedures of Banking Institutions- At Cross road to Article 2 of Pakistan’s Constitution and the Tenets of Islam
22. A framework for sharing Business Profit for IFIs under Musharaka and Mudaraba Contracts